Blogroll
About Me

Me!

Name: casey

Location: Seattle, Washington, United States


Ads

Stuff


Seattle Weblogs

Blogwise - blog directory

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogHop.com
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst

Powered by Blogger

March 17, 2005

You can't blame men, so blame the women

A comment by Shawn on this post at feministing says what I think too many people tend to think:
Nature is nature and you can't blame men for that. In other words, while I don't condone men leering at women and thinking of them as sex objects alone, a woman who dresses like a tramp is bound to be leered at. Explain to me why she dresses that way if she is not encouraging male (what I think for the sake of this argument we can define as "unwanted") attention?
So now men can't control themselves?? And what is a "tramp" anyway? I should be able to wear whatever the fuck I want without being referred to as a "tramp"!

How about the fact that men leer, yell, and grab at me when I walk down the street when I'm wearing a large sweater and baggy jeans? Am I asking for it? Cuz that must be what I want, right? And if women wears a short skirt on a date, are they asking to be raped? What do you propose I wear? A burka?

I'm so sick of this "boys will be boys - men can't control themselves so it's the woman's responsibility to control them" attitude!! Men need to start taking responsibility for themselves and realize that the world does not revolve around them! If I wear sexy clothing, it doesn't mean it has anything to do with YOU! Maybe I'm a lesbian and am looking for female attention! Or maybe I have a hot date with my boyfriend and am looking for his attention! Or maybe it's hot out and I got a cute new outfit I want to try out! If you can't keep your dick in your pants, stay at home and don't show your face in public.

1 Comments:

At March 20, 2005 7:27 PM, Blogger Sarahlynn said...

Moreover - why do so many women dress like that? It couldn't be because that's the way that women are encouraged - by men! - to dress, could it? It couldn't be that because the people with most of the money and most of the power like to see women dressing that way, could it? It couldn't be because all the women we see on TV and in magazines dress that way, could it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

top